Chewable vitamins offer many of the same benefits of typical multivitamins, but, as their name implies, are chewable. Similar to gummy bears or other chewy candies, these vitamins typically come in a variety of flavors and are intended to offer a tastier alternative to pills or capsules. While the nutritional differences may be scant, folks who loathe swallowing pills may be more likely to take their vitamins if they resemble candy.
It’s important to note that not everyone needs to take a daily multivitamin. Those who follow well-balanced diets typically receive an adequate amount of nutrients from food alone. However, for many, a multivitamin is recommended. It’s wise to consult a medical professional before starting any type of supplement. We took a look at some of the best chewable vitamins on the market and gave our top picks.
Havasu Nutrition Multivitamin Gummies
- Each 2 gummy serving features 11 vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, C, D, E, B6 and folic acid.
- 5mg of zinc intended to help with immunity support.
- Gummies are made with a plant-based formula featuring coconut oil, making them vegan friendly.
- Gummies are chewy, but not sticky.
- At 3g sugar per serving, this may be a bit too much like a candy for some people’s liking.
- On a cost per serving basis, this is a bit more expensive than some of the other chewable vitamins on the market.
Havasu Nutrition Multivitamin Gummies contain 11 vitamins and minerals per serving. With orange, cherry, and strawberry flavored gummies in each bottle, these chewy vitamins may be great for folks looking for a candy-like substitute for their normal vitamin offering.
Best Chewable Tablets:
Centrum Adult Chewables
- Centrum Adult Chewables contain over 20 vitamins and nutrients including B Vitamins and iron support.
- Formula is designed to boost energy, immunity, and metabolism.
- Made with non-GMO, gluten-free ingredients.
- Includes 15mg of zinc and 40mg of magnesium per tablet.
- Very competitively priced.
- Texture may be a bit dry and chalky compared to other chewable options.
Those who want to avoid swallowing pills but are not looking for a candy-like gummy may want to check out the chewables from Centrum. These chewable tablets have an orange flavoring and feature over 20 vitamins and nutrients.
Added Fruits and Veggies:
Nature’s Way Alive! Multivitamins
- Nature’s Way Alive! Multivitamins feature 14 vitamins and minerals in each serving, including the full Vitamin B complex.
- Additionally, each serving contains 200mg of a fruit and veggies blend, intended to provide additional nutritional value.
- Contains no artificial flavoring.
- Made without gelatin, and so is suitable for vegan diets.
- Each serving contains 3g added sugars.
Nature’s Way Alive! Multivitamins include grape, cherry, and orange flavored gummies in each bottle. Featuring 14 vitamins and minerals, including the full vitamin B complex, these may be a tasty way to get a daily dose of nutrients.
Plus Fatty Acids:
Smarty Pants Daily Gummy
- Each serving of Smarty Pants Daily Gummy contains 15 vitamins and nutrients, including Vitamins A, C, D, E, B-12, and K.
- Additionally, these gummies are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids, with 510 mg of fish oil per serving.
- Made with non-GMO, gluten-free ingredients and without any synthetic colors or flavors.
- To cut down on the potentially unpleasant taste from the fish oil, these gummies are on the small side, and require six individual gummies per serving.
- Since gelatin is used, these are not vegan-friendly.
- From a cost per serving basis, these are a bit pricier than some of the competing products.
- 8 g added sugar per serving.
Folks looking for the added benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids in their multivitamins may want to check out Smarty Pants Daily Gummy. These small chewable gummies provide a number of vitamins and nutrients as well as fatty acids from fish oil.
For many people, chewable multivitamins are a great way to get the benefits and nutrients from vitamins without the discomfort of swallowing pills. Before selecting a particular brand of vitamins, there are a few key features to consider.
Many multivitamin manufacturers include similar types of vitamins and nutrients in their formulas. However, each brand is unique, with some including much more than the most common vitamins. Depending on your nutritional needs, it may be advantageous to try a multivitamin with specific ingredients.
Folks concerned with weight management may want to steer clear of added sugars. Many gummies get their sweetness from adding sugars, so take a look at the label so you know how much you’re having in each serving.
Obviously, chewable vitamins can be chewed, rather than swallowed whole. There’s still a great variance between the types of chewable vitamins available. Some may prefer candy-like gummies, while others may opt for chewable tablets, which may have lower sugar levels.
Divide the total cost of each product by the number of servings included per bottle to get a sense of the cost per serving. Note that different products offer different numbers of vitamins per serving.
Are gummy vitamins as effective as regular vitamins?
Consult a medical professional btou whether or not gummy vitamins are right for you. Depending on the nutritional facts on each label, these chewable alternatives to multivitamins may be a comparable option. However, gummy vitamins typically include more sugar than non-chewable options.
Are chewable vitamins easier to digest?
Depending on the individual’s digestive system, chewable vitamins may be easier to process for some folks. Consult a medical professional if you have trouble processing vitamins.
Why do vitamins make me nauseous?
For many folks, taking multivitamins on an empty stomach may cause levels of discomfort. It’s probably wise to take vitamins with a meal.
- Consult a medical professional about whether or not multivitamins are right for you.
- If taking multivitamins is the right decision, try to take them at the same time everyday to ensure efficacy.