The triceps contain different heads, and training them with multiple types of exercises will be your best bet for building strong arms. One of the best ways to build strong triceps is with the use of triceps pushdown bars.
Note, you’ll need a cable machine in order to use the attachments listed in this article. Most gym-goers have used a pushdown bar before, and in this round-up we look at some of the market’s best triceps pushdown bars. If you’re training for bigger and stronger triceps, then you definitely want to check out these top picks.
- Best Overall Tricep Pushdown Bar – Yes4All Accessory Set
- Best Tricep Pushdown Bar for Grip – CAP Tricep V-Bar
- Most Versatile Tricep Pushdown Bar – A2ZCARE Combo Attachment
- Best Tricep Pushdown Rope – CAP Tricep Rope
This tricep pushdown bar set hits most of the areas people will be looking to train regarding their triceps. With over 20 variations to chose from, there are plenty of options in this Yes4All accessory package. We also like the textured grips on the v-bar and straight bar. This package has a little bit of everything to hit the triceps, which is why we find it to be an appealing all-around pick.
This Yes4All tricep pushdown set comes with multiple attachments to promote triceps training with a variety of grips.
- Versatile packages allows for dynamic triceps training (over 20+ variations).
- Textured grip on the v-bar for performance support.
- Texture grip on the straight bar.
- Textured knurling may be a little rough on hands when starting out.
- There are multiple pieces of equipment, which may not be what some shoppers want.
Sporting a hearty rubber grip, the CAP V-Bar is our top pick for a straightforward tricep push down bar that has an additional rubber grip built in. Consumers looking to target the triceps and want a simple, no-nonsense addition to their cable machine should find this tricep bar to be an excellent addition to their home gym.
The CAP Tricep V-Bar with rubber grips is a great option for athletes searching for a durable and secure v-shaped grip.
- Durable steel construction.
- Rubber grips support overall performance.
- Knobs on the end prevent hands from sliding.
- Limited to only one style of grip for pushdowns
- Not ideal for people who prefer a steel grip.
The combo package from A2Z Care offers athletes a ton of options when training the triceps, shoulders and back muscles. With a v-shape push down bar, a v-handle and a tricep rope accessory, this set is chock-full of ways to shock the triceps. It’s a well-built, versatile group of accessories that should enable you to achieve a well-rounded workout for the arms and back.
This combination of pushdown accessories from A2ZCARE is a versatile option for dynamic triceps and back training.
- Rope attachment for rope focused tricep work.
- Textured v-grip and non-slip arms for tricep movements.
- Durable steel construction.
- Knurling may be rough on beginner’s hands.
- Some shoppers may want a single push down implement.
If you’re looking for a simple rope attachment to exercise your arms, this tricep rope from CAP should fit your needs well. Simple but durable, this attachment sports a 1.5 inch polypropylene rope with rubber ends to prevent the hands from slipping. Because this is a rope attachment, it is also well suited for other movements that target the abs, deltoids and other muscle groups.
The CAP tricep rope is a solid traditional rope training option for routine tricep work.
- Rubber knobs on the end prevent slipping.
- Durable rope that is resistant to wear and tear.
- Steel attachment to ensure long-term durability.
- Limited to only rope tricep training applications.
- May not offer the stability off a steel bar.
When assessing different triceps pushdown bars, we look at two main criteria, then separated options by each of them. The two criteria in question are construction and versatility.
When it comes to construction for triceps pushdown bars, there are a few things worth keeping in mind before making a purchase. The first construction aspect we look at is the main material used to compose the attachment. Generally, better attachments will be made with a high-quality steel and will be void of additional welding.
The second construction aspect we look at is how the handles are made and what material they’re made out of. For beginners, handles made with a non-slip grip or rubber will be better for easing one into the hand wear and tear that can come along with these attachments. If you’d rather a metal surface, then consider handles with a knurled texture and knobs on the end of the handles to prevent slipping.
Every triceps pushdown bar is designed slightly differently and will help target the triceps based on their construction. There isn’t really one “perfect” triceps pushdown bar, as the triceps need multiple forms of stimuli to grow, so analyzing what you need and how you want to train is important when considering versatility.
When we assess triceps pushdown bars, we always rank attachments with v-shape and straight attachments higher than one-use attachments.
Triceps pushdown bars are useful pieces of equipment for targeting and building strong triceps. If you’re on the market for a new triceps pushdown bar, then check out some of the awesome options above.