In the world of weightlifting, all records are cool, but heaviest EVER is just so much fun to talk about. So who holds the marks for heaviest women’s snatch and clean & jerk of all time? When it comes to verified competition lifts, both of these belong to Tatiana Kashirina, a Russian weightlifter who has won multiple World and European Championships in addition to an Olympic medal (silver at the 2012 London Olympics).
- The heaviest women’s snatch of all time is 155kg, which she lifted at the 2014 World Championships in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- The heaviest women’s clean & jerk of all time is 193kg, which Tatiana ALSO lifted at the Almaty championships.
- That gave her a 348kg total, the heaviest women’s total of all time.
Tatiana Kashirina’s Record-Breaking Performance
A few more interesting things to note about Tatiana Kashirina’s record-breaking performance in Almaty:
- She set the snatch World Record TWICE during this competition, both on her second (152kg) and third (155kg) attempts.
- She only needed 5 out of 6 attempts to set new marks in the snatch, clean & jerk, and total. She passed on her final attempt clean & jerk after a successful opener at 185kg and her record setting 193kg second attempt.
- Before the 2014 World Championships, Kashirina was no stranger to world records. She had set snatch, clean & jerk, and total world records on multiple occasions earlier in her career.
- Kashirina finished with a silver medal at the 2012 London Olympics after setting two new snatch world records and one new world record in the total. China’s Zhou Lulu beat her total by 1 kilogram to take home the gold.
- Kashirina did not compete at the 2016 Rio Olympics, as the entire Russian weightlifting team was barred from competing.
Interested in more heavy lifts? Check out the heaviest men’s snatches ever caught on film, as well as the heaviest men’s clean & jerks of all time.
Who is Tatiana Kashirina?
Tatiana Kashirina is a Russian weightlifter. She is an Olympic silver medalist (London 2012), five-time World Champion, and eight-time European Champion. She lifts in the +87kg weight category.
Her international competition bests are a 155kg snatch and a 193kg clean & jerk.