Meg Gallagher, also known as Meg Squats, is a weathered strength coach, powerlifter, and YouTube personality. Currently, Meg has her hands in multiple projects that are all designed to help lifters everywhere improve their strength and knowledge in the world of fitness. Her popular program “Stronger By the Day” helps countless lifters improve on a weekly basis, and her apparel brand, Strong Strong Supply has some of the best lifting-focused apparel and gear in the game.
Meg and I chat on multiple topics in the world of strength & conditioning. A few in particular that we chat on are the vast differences of how beginners view fitness and how veterans do, and why she’s embarked on the mission of getting a barbell into every woman’s hands.
On this episode of The BarBend Podcast, guest host Jake Boly talks to Meg Squats about:
- Creating inclusivity to strength sports through strategic messaging (2:45)
- What sparked the idea behind “Stronger By the Day” (6:00)
- How has creating a community with “Stronger By the Day” become an asset? (7:45)
- What are the demographics like in the community? (9:40)
- How do you navigate the cultural shifts and narratives that warn you not to lift for whatever reason? (12:50)
- How to help the beginner combat the outside narrative when they haven’t found a community? (15:45)
- Tips for finding your lifting community when just starting out (18:00)
- How to find online lifting communities that align with your goals and needs (19:40)
- What’s next to help barbells get into EVERYONE’S hands (22:35)
- How can the industry as a whole approach getting more folks into barbell training (28:00)
- Where to follow Meg and to find her program “Stronger By the Day”? (33:20)
- Jake puts his foot in his mouth about the CSCS and how “easy” it really is (35:00)
Relevant links and further reading: