The 2020 Reebok CrossFit® Games online qualifier competition equipment list is here.
- Barbell of 15kg/35lb. 20kg/45lb
- Standard bumper plates (18-inch diameter)
- Be prepared for a max lift using Olympic bumper plates.
- Event loading will be noted in lb with the corresponding kg conversion.
- Change plates (1lb minimum)
- Barbell collars.
- Pull-up bar.
- Squat rack.
- GHD machine.
- Running route with one turnaround (maximum of 300 meters out an 300 meters back.
- Concept2 Model D Rower.
- Jump rope.
- Wall for handstand push-ups.
View this post on Instagram
It has been a tumultuous journey for the 2020 Reebok CrossFit® Games. The Coronavirus pandemic caused the Games to be rescheduled multiple times and led to the cancelation of age group and team competition. On top of that, many of the biggest names in the sport initially pulled out of the Games due to controversy surrounding former CrossFit® owner Greg Glassman, which led to a change in ownership of the company to Eric Roza. For a long time, it was reasonable to think that the Games would ultimately get canceled or moved entirely online as many other CrossFit® events were.
However, the Games are still on with a restructured competition format that involves a remote online qualifier stage. The top 5 men and top 5 women will advance to the in person final in Aromas, California. If the online portion of the competition for the Games looks anything like what the 2020 Rogue Invitational did as a fully remote competition, then fans of the sport are likely in for a treat given the circumstances.
Feature image via CrossFit Games’ Instagram page: @crossfitgames