2. Place sweet potato fries on non stick oven sheet
3. Shake salt, pepper, red chili flakes, parsley, and onions into small Tupperware container
4. Place cast iron skillet on stove and set to medium-high heat
5. When oven is preheated place sweet potatoes inside and set to 25 minutes and get ready to work
6. Cut bacon slices in half and put into cast iron skillet
5. Place ground beef into Tupperware with seasonings and mold into (2) big patties
6. Flip bacon after about 5 minutes. After another 5 minutes check to see if bacon is cooked to your desired crispiness. If so, remove and place on plate with paper towel.
7. Carefully place burger patties into cast iron skillet (temperature should still be medium-high). After about 6-7 minutes flip burgers
8. Place olive oil into another skillet and heat on low. After 1 minute add bread to skillet to crisp. Flip after 2 minutes. Then remove after another 2 minutes
9. Place cheese slices into burgers and turn off burner
10. Sweet potato fries should be ready by now. Remove from oven and season with garlic salt and rosemary.
11. Lather one side of bread with mayo and add handful of arugula. Stack burger patties on the other slice and put bacon ontop. Place the mayo/arugula slice on top. Cut in half.
12. Add fries to plate and get after it!
About the author
Andre earned his BSBA in Finance from the University of Pittsburgh and spent the first 3 years of his career as a corporate banker. He led an unhealthy lifestyle eating out and drinking nearly every night. The six pack he has today was covered in a layer of beer and bacon cheeseburgers. Eventually he had enough and left banking to pursue his passion. Andre spent his first year as a personal trainer at an LA Fitness, then spent 2 years at Equinox in Manhattan. But he didn't truly feel at home in the fitness industry until he joined the team at CrossFit Union Square. Surrounded by elite level athletes and coaches, Andre took his own fitness, nutrition, and coaching skills to a new level!
Andre is a Certified Personal Trainer through AAAI-ISMA, a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer, and a certified Coach through Precision Nutrition.