The Shirtless Chef Andre Crews takes you to the skillet and makes a protein-packed meal to maximize those gains. Paleo sticklers need not watch.
Shirtless Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe
Prep time 5 minutes. Cook time 25 minutes.
- 2-3 servings Trader Joes Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- 12 oz 80/20 ground beef
- 2 slices applewood smoked thick cut bacon
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 slices deli sharp cheddar
- Handful arugula
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mayo
- 1/6 cup diced onion
- Garlic salt
- Red chili flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Place sweet potato fries on non stick oven sheet
3. Shake salt, pepper, red chili flakes, parsley, and onions into small Tupperware container
4. Place cast iron skillet on stove and set to medium-high heat
5. When oven is preheated place sweet potatoes inside and set to 25 minutes and get ready to work
6. Cut bacon slices in half and put into cast iron skillet
5. Place ground beef into Tupperware with seasonings and mold into (2) big patties
6. Flip bacon after about 5 minutes. After another 5 minutes check to see if bacon is cooked to your desired crispiness. If so, remove and place on plate with paper towel.
7. Carefully place burger patties into cast iron skillet (temperature should still be medium-high). After about 6-7 minutes flip burgers
8. Place olive oil into another skillet and heat on low. After 1 minute add bread to skillet to crisp. Flip after 2 minutes. Then remove after another 2 minutes
9. Place cheese slices into burgers and turn off burner
10. Sweet potato fries should be ready by now. Remove from oven and season with garlic salt and rosemary.
11. Lather one side of bread with mayo and add handful of arugula. Stack burger patties on the other slice and put bacon ontop. Place the mayo/arugula slice on top. Cut in half.
12. Add fries to plate and get after it!