While not a replacement for a healthy diet and regular exercise, weight loss supplements can give you an extra edge to help you drop those pounds. Whether it’s an appetite suppressant, a thermogenic fat burner, or a lean protein powder to help you maintain muscle during a calorie deficit, there are plenty of avenues that you can take in your weight loss journey.
And each one of those avenues comes with countless companies, each claiming that their product is the best. That’s why we took some time to cut through the noise and compiled a list of the best supplements for weight loss on the market — from greens powders to fat burners and even vitamin D, we have you covered.
Best Supplements for Weight Loss
- Best Supplement for Weight Loss Overall: Transparent Labs Fat Burner
- Best Protein Powder for Weight Loss: Momentous Grass-Fed Whey Protein
- Best Appetite Suppressant: Leanbean
- Best Pre-Workout for Weight Loss: Transparent Labs LEAN
- Best Fat Burner for Weight Loss: Swolverine Therm
- Best Greens Powder for Weight Loss: KOS Greens Powder
- Best Carnitine for Weight Loss: Momentous Acetyl-L Carnitine
- Best Probiotics for Weight Loss: Onnit Gut Health with Probiotics
- Best Fish Oil for Weight Loss: Swolverine Krill Oil
- Best Vitamin D for Weight Loss: Transparent Labs Vitamin D3 + K2
Best Supplement for Weight Loss Overall: Transparent Labs Fat Burner
This fat burner contains research suggested ingredient amounts of green tea extract, as well as synephrine, and HTP-5, which may suppress your appetite.
- Form: Capsules
- Highlights: Green Tea Leaf Extract, forskolin, green coffee bean extract, l-theanine, Capismax, BioPerine
- Price: $54.99
- Servings: 60
- The l-theanine can help suppress your appetite and reduce stress-eating.
- Every ingredient here from green tea extract to the caffeine is aimed at speeding up your metabolism.
- The 125mg of natural caffeine from green coffee beans can give you a quick boost of energy.
- The caffeine included may not be ideal for people sensitive to stimulants.
- If you’re averse to pills, you’ll want to try a powdered weight loss supplement.
- People who are allergic to black pepper will want to find a supp that does not contain BioPerine.
There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing the best weight loss supplement, so it’s ideal to find one that approaches weight loss from several different angles. Transparent Labs Fat Burner takes the top spot for its multi-pronged approach.
The main ingredient in Transparent Labs Fat Burner is 300mg of green tea extract, which, along with the included red pepper fruit extract and BioPerine, can help speed up your metabolism, allowing you to burn more calories while at rest. (1)
It also contains l-theanine, an amino acid that can help decrease your appetite by regulating your mood, which can reduce stress-eating. Plus, l-theanine may also help increase your metabolic rate, especially when combined with the 125mg of caffeine in this supplement. The caffeine from green coffee beans that Transparent Labs includes can also give you a boost of energy in the gym, helping you crank out more reps and burn more calories. Plus, the BioPerine, made from black pepper extract, can not only boost your metabolism, but it may also help your body absorb more of the ingredients as well.
Transparent Labs Fat Burner is composed entirely of ingredients meant to support weight loss by boosting metabolism, curbing cravings, and providing energy and focus. Just note that this product does contain stimulants, so it’s best taken in the morning rather than before bed.
Best Protein Powder for Weight Loss: Momentous Grass-Fed Whey Protein
One serving of this supplement packs 20 grams of grass-fed protein with few added ingredients. You can buy a bag for $64.95, which is about $2.70 per serving.
- Form: Powder
- Highlights: 20g protein, 3g carbohydrates,1.5g fat, 100 calories
- Flavors: Vanilla, Chocolate, Unflavored
- Price: $64.95
- Servings: 24
- This powder offers 20 grams of protein with only 100 calories, so you can easily fit this into your daily calorie intake.
- This product is third-party tested for safety and is NSF Certified safe for sport.
- The chocolate and vanilla flavors taste great solo or mix smoothly with other ingredients in a smoothie.
- There are cheaper protein powders on the market.
- This protein powder isn’t hearty enough to replace a meal if you’re looking to protein powders for that purpose.
If you are on a weight loss journey and looking for a protein powder supplement to help increase your protein intake or boost recovery after tough workouts, Momentous’ Grass-Fed Whey Protein is a great option. Not only does this protein powder taste great, it has a macro profile that won’t add unnecessary carbs and fat to your diet.
With 20 grams of protein per serving, Momentous Whey Protein Isolate provides a rich and creamy source of protein without adding a ton of carbohydrates and fat. Plus, the added digestive enzymes can help your body absorb more of the protein, and reduce the bloating that some experience when ingesting protein powder. (2)
With only three grams of carbohydrates and 1.5 grams of fat per serving, this protein powder comes in at only 100 calories per scoop. So if you’re looking to ramp up your protein without running over your calorie count for the day, this is a perfect choice. And with five different flavor options, you’re bound to find a flavor you enjoy.
With its high-quality ingredients, optimal protein content, low calorie count, and various delicious flavors, Momentous Whey Protein Isolate is an ideal weight-loss protein powder. Plus, the digestive enzymes can help your body actually absorb and process the ingredients.
Best Appetite Suppressant: Leanbean
With less caffeine than a cup of, Leanbeans formula, marketed to women, suppresses your appetite and promotes a healthy metabolism.
- Form: Capsules
- Highlights: Glucomannan, green coffee bean extract, vitamins B6 & B12
- Price: $59.99
- Servings: 2 capsules
- Taking three equal doses of this throughout the day helps burn fat for a longer period of time and makes it easier to absorb each dose.
- The 3,000mg of glucomannan can help you feel fuller and make you less prone to overeating.
- The choline in this product can help support your metabolic function.
- It can be a pain to remember to take this three times a day (as recommended).
- This fat burner is pretty low on caffeine, so it may not be ideal for everyone.
Remaining in a calorie deficit to lose weight can prove difficult — that’s where appetite suppressants come in. Leanbean takes a triple approach toward burning fat by helping to boost the body’s natural metabolic rate, reduce hunger cravings, and fuel energy levels.
If you’re looking for an appetite suppressant, Leanbean’s 3,000mg of glucomannan should get you excited. It’s a dietary fiber that absorbs water in your stomach, helping you to feel full and be way less prone to overeating. (3)
The high dose of glucomannan fiber in Leanbean can help you feel fuller and make you less likely to eat too much and derail your nutrition plan. Plus, the ingredients like green coffee bean extract and choline can help to speed up your metabolism.
Best Pre-Workout for Weight Loss: Transparent Labs LEAN
Third-party tested and clearly dosed, Transparent Labs LEAN has a huge variety of ingredients for endurance, power, alertness, and focus. Use code BARBEND10 for 10% off.
- Form: Powder
- Highlights: Citrulline mallate, beta-alanine, betaine, l-carnitine, l-theanine, caffeine
- Flavors: Strawberry Lemonade, Sour Grape, Fruit Punch, Sour Peach, Blue Raspberry, Green Apple, Watermelon, Tropical Punch, Orange
- Price: $49.99
- Servings: 30
- This pre adds potential fat-burning ingredients like chromium and caffeine to classic pre-workout ingredients like citrulline and beta-alanine.
- At around $1.66 a serving, this is a bargain for a combination pre-workout and fat burner.
- There are nine flavors to choose from.
- Some users may not like the “tingly” feeling that beta-alanine can cause.
- If you’re sensitive to caffeine, 200mg might be too much.
- Those who prefer a pill should look elsewhere.
Transparent Labs LEAN is a great pre-workout for people trying to lose weight. Not only does it help provide the energy and support needed to get through those tough calorie-deficit workouts, but it is also formulated with ingredients that can ramp up your metabolism to burn fat throughout the day.
LEAN is a great tool for weight loss with its potent fat-burning and thyroid support complex, which includes acetyl-l-carnitine, chromium picolinate, and zinc. These ingredients work to potentially enhance fat burning, boost metabolism, and support optimal thyroid function, all of which can help you drop weight. (4)
With 21 active ingredients, Transparent Labs LEAN delivers a stacked pre-workout that includes betaine for better blood flow and muscle pumps, as well as beta-alanine for an energy kick. That kick is especially important during workouts when you’re in a calorie deficit and your energy levels might be lower, so Transparent Labs also includes 200mg of caffeine and l-theanine to help you get the most out of your time in the gym.
Transparent Labs LEAN is the best pre-workout for weight loss due to its added ingredients that are focused on fat-burning. With ingredients like citrulline malate, beta-alanine, and betaine, LEAN provides the necessary support for intense workouts while targeting fat with ingredients like chromium and caffeine.
Best Fat Burner for Weight Loss: Swolverine Therm
This is one of our favorite fat burners thanks to the inexpensive total price. You pay about $0.39 per serving for ingredients you'll find in more expensive products on the market.
- Form: Capsule
- Highlights: Yerba mate, cocoa extract, garcinia cambogia, cayenne pepper, guarana
- Price: $34.99
- Servings: 90
- The guarana in this supplement contains up to four times the amount of caffeine found in coffee and creates long-lasting, sustained energy.
- The yerba mate and cocoa extract here can help curb your cravings.
- At under $0.50 a serving, this is one of the more affordable fat-burners you’ll find.
- There are zero preservatives or fillers, so every cent goes to active ingredients.
- This has shellfish in it, so if you’re allergic, this isn’t for you.
- The stimulants can disturb your sleep if you take this product later in the day.
- If you’re used to caffeine, 100mg may not give you much of a boost.
If you want a product that’s designed solely to burn off fat, this one is a great option. Swolverine Therm contains 20 natural active ingredients designed to burn fat with zero preservatives or fillers.
Swolverine Therm’s natural ingredients are designed to help you burn fat in three ways. First, the 50mg of yerba mate and 100mg of cocoa extract can help curb your appetite and prevent overeating. (5) Ingredients like cayenne pepper, forskolin, and garcinia cambogia, all work together to potentially boost your metabolism, helping your body burn off fat.
It also has some ingredients to help you push through hard workouts — the guarana boasts 100mg of caffeine. And the yerba mate (in addition to decreasing appetite) may also increase your focus, giving you a mental edge in the gym.
Swolverine Therm offers a solid blend of natural thermogenic ingredients. It provides numerous benefits, designed to increase energy, boost metabolism, and suppress appetite. Plus, you won’t find any preservatives or fillers here.
Best Greens Powder for Weight Loss: KOS Greens Powder
Get your greens on with KOS Greens Powder which can potentially help promote alkalinity, digestion support, and provide a much-needed greens blend. A light and refreshing Green Apple Sorbet flavor won’t leave you dreading this drink or plugging your nose.
- Form: Powder
- Highlights: Spirulina, chlorella, prebiotic fiber, acacia gum, wheatgrass juice powder.
- Flavor: Green Apple Sorbet
- Price: $29.69
- Servings: 28
- This greens powder offers a wide variety of micronutrients to fill nutritional gaps, and it only contains 30 calories and one gram of sugar per serving.
- At just over a buck a serving, it’s on the low end of prices for greens powders.
- The prebiotic fiber and acacia gum can help with digestion and absorption — a key boost when you’re looking to shed fat.
- The ingredients come in proprietary blends, so you don’t know exactly how much of the individual ingredients you’re getting.
- It does not dissolve easily in a water bottle. You may need a blender bottle or frother.
- This product is not available in single-serve packages, making it less convenient to take when traveling.
Greens powders are an excellent way to fill gaps in your nutrition, but if you’re trying to lose weight, make sure you’re taking one with a low calorie count. KOS USDA Organic Super Greens Powder fits the bill, providing loads of micronutrients and probiotics with only 30 calories and 1g of sugar per serving.
This super greens powder is loaded with essential phytonutrients, including spirulina powder and chlorella powder, which can help support a well-functioning immune system. KOS Super Greens Powder also aids digestion by including organic prebiotic fiber and acacia gum. These ingredients can bolster the digestive process and enhance nutrient absorption, which is key when you’re in a calorie deficit.
The blend of wheatgrass powder, oat grass powder, and kale powder helps maintain a balanced pH level in the body, which can help promote overall health and aid the body’s natural detoxification processes.
KOS USDA Organic Super Greens Powder is a convenient and nutrient-rich supplement that can support weight loss efforts by promoting immune function, aiding digestion, and providing a refreshing source of alkalizing superfoods. Its flavorful and low-calorie nature makes it a great addition to a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle, ensuring you get the essential nutrients you need on your weight loss journey.
Best Carnitine for Weight Loss: Momentous Acetyl L-Carnitine
A no-calorie supplement to help reduce muscle soreness, improve recovery, boost strength, and more. This product comes in Black Cherry, Orange, and Strawberry Lemonade.
- Form: Capsule
- Highlights: 500mg acetyl l-carnitine
- Flavors: Unflavored
- Price: $25.95
- Servings: 60
- If you’re looking to lose fat, the l-carnitine may help in converting body fat into fuel.
- The pricing is in the middle of the pack, which is good for athletes on a budget.
- This supplement comes with no added fillers or preservatives.
- Other carnitine supplements have added ingredients like glutamine or protein for some added benefits.
The amino acid carnitine can be useful for weight loss because it can help the body use its fat stores for energy. Momentous Acetyl L-Carnitine is our favorite carnitine supplement because of its large dose of l-carnitine that can help you recover from tough workouts.
This post-workout supplement has a 500mg dose of l-carnitine, which can help your body burn and utilize your fat stores for fuel. This can come in handy when you’re wiped out after a hard calorie-deficient workout.
Unlike some other carnitine supplements, this one comes in a pill form, so you don’t need to force down the sour powder taste. And while a dose is only one capsule, you can take more for higher servings of carnitine (always speak with a medical professional before upping your dose though).
Best Probiotics for Weight Loss: Onnit Gut Health with Probiotics
Onnit Gut Health with Probiotics includes a digestive enzyme supplement, five strains of probiotics, two types of prebiotics, and a dose of betaine HCI. If you subscribe, you can save $10 per month on this supplement.
- Form: Capsules
- Highlights: Betaine, lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1, lactobacillus plantarum, lactobacillus rhamnosus, bifidobacterium infantis, bifidobacterium lactis
- Price: $75.90
- Servings: 15
- This product is caffeine-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and vegan-friendly, accommodating various dietary preferences and restrictions.
- The pill packets are easy to take anywhere.
- The digestive enzymes help you break down the food you eat, so you can get as many nutrients as possible even during a calorie deficit.
- This gut health weight loss supplement is quite expensive when considering the cost per serving.
- Having to swallow seven capsules is not appealing, especially if you don’t like swallowing pills.
If you are working on losing weight, ensuring your gut is in tip-top shape is paramount. Luckily Onnit Gut Health with Probiotics offers digestive enzymes, probiotics and prebiotics, and other nutrients to keep your gut healthy while you diet.
Onnit Gut Health with Probiotics offers a digestive enzyme blend that includes amylase, lipase, and maltase, and is designed to help your gut break down major macronutrients, ensuring efficient digestion and nutrient absorption from the food you eat. This is key, because if you’re eating less, you want to make sure you’re getting as many nutrients as you can out of the food you do eat.
Onnit Gut Health also includes five strains of naturally acid-resistant probiotics, including L. acidophilus DDS-1 and L. plantarum, which reach the intestines intact. The supplement also contains two types of organic prebiotics—organic Jerusalem artichoke and organic dandelion root—which act as food sources for the probiotics, maintaining a positive balance in gut flora. Plus, the capsules come in convenient packets, so it’s easy to take them on the go.
By offering a well-rounded blend of probiotics, enzymes, prebiotics, and other nutrients, Onnit Gut Health with Probiotics addresses various aspects of digestive health, making it a great choice for individuals seeking a probiotic supplement to support their weight loss journey.
Best Fish Oil for Weight Loss: Swolverine Krill Oil
Swolverine's Krill Oil delivers 500mg of krill oil, omega-3s in the form of EPA and DHA, and astaxanthin. This supp only requires one pill per serving and has the addition of Vanilla flavor to potentially combat a fishy aftertaste.
- Form: Capsules
- Highlights: Krill oil, astaxanthin
- Flavor: Vanilla
- Price: $29.99
- Servings: 60
- With 500mg of omega-3 essential fatty acids, including EPA and DHA, it provides a substantial dose of these crucial nutrients.
- The inclusion of astaxanthin, a powerful natural antioxidant, provides additional protection against free radicals, helping to combat oxidative stress and support overall cellular health.
- The omega-3 fatty acids in Krill Oil come in the form of phospholipids, which can be absorbed more easily that the triglyceride fatty acids in fish oil.
- Krill is a type of shellfish, and individuals with shellfish allergies should avoid this product to prevent allergic reactions.
- The capsules are made of gelatin, which means it won’t work for pescatarians.
Taking a fat-based supplement while you’re trying to lose weight may seem counterintuitive, but omega-3 fatty acids can not only help suppress your appetite, but they can also help fight that brain fog that comes when you’re dieting. Swolverine’s Krill Oil is one of the best fish oils thanks to its high absorption rate and simple ingredients list.
Yes, the category is technically “fish oil,” but krill oil may actually be more beneficial. This is because the fatty acids in krill oil come in the form of phospholipids, which can be more easily absorbed than the triglycerides found in fish oil. And Swolverine Krill Oil + Astaxanthin is the best of the bunch.
It offers 500mg of omega-3 essential fatty acids, which studies suggest can help reduce appetite. (8) This amount of krill oil also contains 100mg each of phospholipids, which can help protect cells from environmental factors, EPA, which can reduce the risk of cardiac events, and DHA, which can combat symptoms of depression and mood disorders. This could provide the mental clarity that is so elusive when you’re eating at a deficit.
Astaxanthin is another ingredient in this supplement that may clear up that brain fog. It’s a natural antioxidant that crosses the blood-brain barrier, protecting the brain and central nervous system from free radical damage. This supports cognitive health and can enhance overall performance during weight loss efforts. Plus, Swolverine adds a light vanilla flavor to help cover up the fishy taste.
Swolverine Krill Oil + Astaxanthin provides a potent combination of metabolism-boosting omega-3s. It also can support joint health, brain function, heart health, and immune system function, all while being easily absorbed for optimal results.
Best Vitamin D for Weight Loss: Transparent Labs Vitamin D3 + K2
Transparent Labs Vitamin D3 + K2 offers a solid 5,000 IU dose of vitamin D3 along with 100mcg of vitamin K2.
- Form: Capsules
- Highlights: Vitamin D, vitamin K2
- Price: $19.99
- Servings: 120
- The inclusion of vitamin K2 helps prevent the deposit of calcium deposits in arteries and soft tissue.
- Researchers have observed that having a healthy level of vitamin D may be associated with a decrease in body fat.
- The 5,000 IU of active vitamin D is in line with scientific recommendations.
- The supplement provides a potent dosage of 5,000 IU of vitamin D per serving, which may be too high for some individuals — especially those with certain medical conditions or who are taking other vitamin D supplements.
- The supplement is unsuitable for strict vegans as it contains vitamin D3 sourced from animal products.
Studies have shown that higher levels of vitamin D may be related to decreased body fat. (9) The good news is, you can get vitamin D from the sun. The bad news is, many of us don’t get enough sun. That’s where Transparent Labs Vitamin-D3 with K2 comes in.
Vitamin D is not just a regular nutrient; it acts as a powerful hormone that can influence everything from testosterone levels and bone density to mood regulation and weight loss. Unfortunately not everyone can get out in the sun enough to soak up all that vitamin D. Transparent Labs’ Vitamin D3 + K2 can help, thanks to its 5,000 IU of active vitamin D in each serving.
One issue that may arise with an uptick of vitamin D is that it can increase calcium levels in the body, which may be deposited in arteries and soft tissue, where it may lead to serious issues like heart disease. Vitamin K shuttles that calcium to your bones where it can do some good, preventing that buildup. Transparent Labs includes 100mcg of vitamin K in this supplement, so you don’t have to add another supplement to your shopping list.
Transparent Labs Vitamin-D3 + K2 is a reliable and effective choice to boost your vitamin D levels, helping support weight loss by suppressing fat cell storage and reducing the formation of new fat cells.
How We Chose The Best Supplements for Weight Loss
There’s no one right supplement for weight loss — since people go about losing weight in different ways, a variety of supplements can help folks lose the last few stubborn pounds. But ultimately, any supplement that you choose to help with weight loss should be cost-effective, backed by scientific evidence, and easy to incorporate into a daily routine.
Prices can vary widely depending on the type of supplement you’re looking at. A simple vitamin supplement will often cost a lot less per serving than, say, a pre-workout because it doesn’t contain nearly as many active/helpful ingredients. We tried to pick the best supplements in each category by choosing the ones that offered a fair price for their respective benefits.
We consulted scientific studies, customer reviews, and our own personal experience to gauge the real-world results of all the supplements we suggest here. High-quality ingredients as well as appropriate dosage were critical factors in the selection process. The goal was to present a curated list of supplements that have been shown to support weight loss goals effectively, promoting overall well-being and safe, sustainable results.
User-friendliness is a crucial aspect to consider when choosing weight loss supplements. After all, if you aren’t consistent with a supplement because it’s a pain to mix or you hate taking pills, it’s not going to do you any good. In this light, we tried to include a variety of supplement forms so that there would be something for everyone.
There are supplements in the form of pre-measured capsules, which simplify consumption, especially for individuals with busy schedules. For people who like to stack supplements or live and die by the shaker bottle, we also have plenty of powdered options here. And finally, we added a supplement that comes in single-serve packets, which are perfect for taking on the road.
The Benefits of Supplements for Weight Loss
The foundation of losing weight is eating right and following a consistent workout plan. Without those basics, none of these supplements here is going to do much for you. But if you have your diet and exercise dialed, these supplements may be able to help you hit your goals. On this list, there are supplements that can speed up your metabolism, help prevent overeating, and even minimize muscle loss during a calorie deficit.
The name alone should say it all. Fat burners generally have ingredients that are designed to speed up your metabolism, which allows your body to burn more calories, even while you’re at rest. Look for ingredients like caffeine, which studies show can speed up your metabolic rate. (1) In addition, they often also offer appetite suppressants, mood enhancers, and energy boosters to get you throw those low-caloric mental doldrums.
One of the biggest concerns for lifters who are on a cut is muscle loss, and adding a protein powder is a quick, easy way to keep your protein levels high even when you’re eating less. Keep an eye out for a protein powder that’s low in fats and carbohydrates, like the one on this list. That will keep the calories low, so you can stay within your daily range.
One of the hardest parts about losing weight is eating less. Constant craving is common when you’re calorie deficient, and appetite suppressants are meant to help curb those cravings. While there are many different ways to do this, one of the most common is to find an appetite suppressant with a lot of fiber like glucomannan, which absorbs water in your stomach, helping you feel fuller. (3)
Keeping up with your workouts while you’re in a caloric deficit can be tough, which is why pre-workouts can be a big help in keeping you on your A game. These supplements often have energy-boosting ingredients like beta-alanine and caffeine, so you can push through tough workouts while you cut. And some pre-workouts even contain helpful fat burning ingredients like l-carnitine, so you can potentially kill two birds with one stone.
When you eat less, you run the risk of losing vital nutrients. Greens powders can fill in those nutritional gaps without adding a lot of calories. Made up of ingredients like dehydrated wheatgrass juice, kale powder, and a host of pre- and probiotics, greens powders offer a concentrated dose of vitamins and minerals that you may be lacking.
Carnitine is an amino acid that can help the body turn fat into fuel. (10) This provides a one-two punch for people who want to lose weight, as it can not only help burn fat, but it can turn that fat into energy to push through calorie-burning workouts. You’ll often find carnitine in pre- and post-workout stacks.
When you’re eating less, it’s important to get the most out of the food you are eating, and a healthy gut microbiome can help with that. Probiotics are a mixture of the beneficial bacteria and yeast in your body that help you digest food, absorb nutrients, and generally keep you healthy. (11) So it’s important to keep that biome happy with a mixture of probiotics — as well as the food they eat, also known as prebiotics.
Fish and krill oils contain healthy omega-3 fatty acids. These are important for circulatory and heart health, but on the weight loss side, they can also help you feel satiated and less likely to overeat.
Plus, the DHA that’s typically found in omega-3s can help fight the brain fog that can come with being calorie-deficient for long periods of time. (8)
Vitamin D serves several important purposes, but as far as weight loss is concerned, it can help prevent the formation of new fat cells, and studies suggest that a deficiency in vitamin D may be related to obesity. (9) While the body produces vitamin D when exposed to sun, many people don’t get enough sun to provide adequate amounts, which is where supplemental vitamin D comes in handy. Just make sure to stack it with vitamin K, because too much vitamin D can lead to dangerous levels of calcium in the system when not combined with vitamin K. (12)
How Much Do Supplements for Weight Loss Cost?
Typically, supplements for weight loss range in price from about $20 to $75, depending on the supplement, its ingredients and dosages, and the amount of servings per container.
|Best Supplement for Weight Loss Overall||Transparent Labs Fat Burner||$54.99 for 60 servings|
|Best Protein Powder for Weight Loss||Momentous Grass-Fed Whey||$64.95 for 24 servings|
|Best Appetite Suppressant||Leanbean||$59.99 for 90 servings|
|Best Pre-Workout for Weight Loss||Transparent Labs LEAN||$49.99 for 30 servings|
|Best Fat Burner for Weight Loss||Swolverine Therm||$34.99 for 90 servings|
|Best Greens Powder for Weight Loss||KOS Greens Powder||$29.69 for 28 servings|
|Best Carnitine for Weight Loss||Momentous Acetyl L-Carnitine||$25.95 for 60 servings|
|Best Probiotics for Weight Loss||Onnit Gut Health with Probiotics||$75.90 for 15 servings|
|Best Fish Oil for Weight Loss||Swolverine Krill Oil||$29.99 for 60 servings|
|Best Vitamin D for Weight Loss||Transparent Labs Vitamin D3 + K2||$19.99 for 120 servings|
The prices of these products vary quite a bit, so you’ll probably have to pick and choose which supplements you want to use. However, many brands do offer bundle deals and some offer discounts when you set up a subscription plan, so you may be able to save some money that way.
What to Consider Before Buying Supplements for Weight Loss
There are a variety of things to take into consideration when choosing the best supplements for weight loss. When you’re shopping for weight loss supplements, it’s important to think about your goals, manage your expectations, and be aware of your current health needs.
Are you cutting for a bodybuilding competition or are you trying to make weight for a powerlifting event? You may want to consider protein powder and a pre-workout to preserve muscle and help you push through your workouts if so. Are you simply trying to lean down over the next few months? An appetite suppressant may be able to help you keep your diet in check. Knowing why you want to lose weight and establishing a proper timeline can help you dial in the right supplements to help you get there.
There is no magic pill to help you drop weight. If you’re just looking to take one of these supplements and watch the pounds melt off, you’re going to be sorely disappointed. The most effective way to lose weight is to make sure you’re eating a balanced diet of whole foods and exercising regularly.
After that, you can choose some of these supplements to supplement your efforts. And don’t expect it to happen quickly, either. It could take weeks or even months to see results. The important thing is to be consistent.
Personal Health and Goals
Consider your individual health status, goals, and any pre-existing medical conditions before purchasing a weight loss supplement. Certain supplements may interact with medications or exacerbate certain health issues, so consult with a healthcare professional, such as a doctor or registered dietitian, before adding any new supplement to your regimen — especially if you have underlying health concerns.
Remember that weight loss supplements are not a substitute for a balanced diet and regular exercise, but they can complement your efforts and enhance your results. There are so many avenues you can try when it comes to weight loss supplementation — from protein powders and fat burners to pre-workouts and appetite suppressants — that trying to choose just one can be paralyzing.
The important thing is to know why you’re trying to lose weight and look for the supplement categories that can help you get there. Once you have a general idea of what you want, you can use this list to help you make your final decision.
How much do supplements for weight loss cost?
The cost of supplements for weight loss can vary significantly based on factors such as brand, ingredients, potency, and serving quantity. Prices can range from $20 to over $75 per container. Some brands may offer subscription options or bulk purchase discounts.
What is the best supplement for weight loss?
The best supplement for weight loss truly depends on your specific weight loss goals and the areas in which you are struggling. For our money, we like Transparent Labs Fat Burner for its multi-pronged approach to burning fat.
How often should you use supplements for weight loss?
The frequency in which you use weight loss supplements can vary depending on the type of supplement and your individual needs. It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s recommended dosage and usage instructions for each specific supp. In general, weight loss supplements are designed to be taken daily, usually with meals or as directed by the product label.
- Shreya S. Shah, Gaurang B. Shah, Satbeer D. Singh, Priyanshi V. Gohil, Kajal Chauhan, Khyati A. Shah, and Mehul Chorawala. Effect of piperine in the regulation of obesity-induced dyslipidemia in high-fat diet rats. Indian J Pharmacol. 2011 May-Jun; 43(3): 296–299.
- Olha Kostiuchenko, Nadiia Kravchenko, et al. Effects of Proteases from Pineapple and Papaya on Protein Digestive Capacity and Gut Microbiota in Healthy C57BL/6 Mice and Dose-Manner Response on Mucosal Permeability in Human Reconstructed Intestinal 3D Tissue Model. Metabolites. 2022 Nov; 12(11): 1027.
- Andrea Maia-Landim, Juan M Ramírez, et al. Long-term effects of Garcinia cambogia/Glucomannan on weight loss in people with obesity, PLIN4, FTO and Trp64Arg polymorphisms. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018 Jan 24;18(1):26. doi: 10.1186/s12906-018-2099-7.
- Nasir Talenezhad, Mohammad Mohammadi, et al. Effects of l-carnitine supplementation on weight loss and body composition: A systematic review and meta-analysis of 37 randomized controlled clinical trials with dose-response analysis. Clin Nutr ESPEN. 2020 Jun;37:9-23. doi: 10.1016/j.clnesp.2020.03.008.
- Sun-Young Kim, Mi-Ra Oh, et al. Anti-obesity effects of Yerba Mate (Ilex Paraguariensis): a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015; 15: 338.
- Zachary Legault, Nicholas Bagnall, Derek S Kimmerly. The Influence of Oral L-Glutamine Supplementation on Muscle Strength Recovery and Soreness Following Unilateral Knee Extension Eccentric Exercise. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2015 Oct;25(5):417-26.
- Kenneth C Vitale, Shawn Hueglin, Elizabeth Broad. Tart Cherry Juice in Athletes: A Literature Review and Commentary. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2017 Jul/Aug;16(4):230-239.
- Dolores Parra, Alfons Ramel, et al. A diet rich in long chain omega-3 fatty acids modulates satiety in overweight and obese volunteers during weight loss. Appetite. 2008 Nov;51(3):676-80.
- Dominika Guzek, Aleksandra Kołota, et al. Association between Vitamin D Supplementation and Mental Health in Healthy Adults: A Systematic Review. J Clin Med. 2021 Nov; 10(21): 5156.
- Lionel H Opie M.D., Role of carnitine in fatty acid metabolism of normal and ischemic myocardium. American Heart Journal. Volume 97, Issue 3, March 1979, Pages 375-388
- Katarzyna Maresz, PhD. Proper Calcium Use: Vitamin K2 as a Promoter of Bone and Cardiovascular Health. Integr Med (Encinitas). 2015 Feb; 14(1): 34–39.