Over the weekend, the Boss of Bosses 6 powerlifting meet went down in Mountain View, California. Every year, this famed powerlifting meet brings out some of the world’s best athletes and this year, like every year in the past, did not disappoint.
In case you were away for the extended weekend, we wanted to take a moment to highlight five of the biggest performances from the Boss of Bosses 6 powerlifting meet. It’s also worth recognizing that these are only six of the biggest performances and the meet itself had over 100 athletes take the platform!
6 Huge Boss of Bosses Performances
1. Yury Belkin Totals 2,305 lbs
Very rarely does Belkin compete without breaking a record…or two. On Friday, Belkin put on an incredibly strong rounded performance in the 220 lb weight class and broke two all-time world records for the squat (wraps) and total.
- Squat: 416kg/917 lbs – ATWR (Wraps)
- Bench Press: 235kg/518 lbs
- Deadlift 415kg/914 lbs
- Total: 1,066kg/2,305 lbs – ATWR
- Wilks Score: 648.76
2. Chakera Ingram Squats 650 lbs
Chakera Ingram continues to build upon her legendary resume. While Ingram didn’t quite have the meet she wanted, she was still able to crush two all-time world records for the squat and total, and tied the current bench press ATWR in the women’s 181 lb weight class.
- Squat: 295kg/650 lbs – ATWR (Wraps)
- Bench Press: 170kg/374.8 lbs
- Deadlift 272kg/600 lbs
- Total: 737kg/1,625 lbs – ATWR
- Wilks Score: 663.73
3. Julius Maddox Breaks Kirill Sarychev’s ATWR Bench Press
Julius Maddox has finally broken Kirill Sarychev’s long standing 308+ all-time world record bench press. Back in 2015, Sarychev benched 335kg/738.5 lbs, and tackling that record has been a long-time goal for Maddox. After a close call re-racking the weight, Maddox was finally able to relax and bask in his new ATWR glory.
- Bench Press: 335.5kg/739.6 lbs – ATWR
4. Kristy Hawkins Breaks 3 All-time World Records
Kristy Hawkins rarely has performances where she’s not crushing world records left and right. After this weekend’s performance, she’s now adding three more all-time world records to her resume in the women’s 165 lb weight class
- Squat: 285kg/628 lbs – ATWR (Wraps)
- Bench Press: 150kg/330 lbs
- Deadlift 255kg/562 lbs – ATWR
- Total: 690kg/1,521 lbs – ATWR
- Wilks Score: 657.60
5. Michael Estrella Deadlifts 4.5x His Bodyweight
In the 148 lb weight class, the weight was moving for Michael Estrella. He not only deadlifted 4.5x his bodyweight for an all-time world record, but he also shattered the total world record.
- Squat: 242.5kg/534.6 lbs
- Bench Press: 192.5kg/424 lbs
- Deadlift 303kg/668 lbs – ATWR
- Total: 738kg/1,627 lbs – ATWR
- Wilks Score:570.36
Year after year, the Boss of Bosses meet continues to push the sport of powerlifting’s growth. These were only five of the biggest performances from this year’s meet, and we may have missed some of your favorites. Hats off to all of the athletes that competed over the weekend!
Feature image from @mikeyestrella Instagram page.