The 2019 Reebok CrossFit Games are just a couple months away, and on Friday, CrossFit HQ released the list of ten teams that have been sent invitations to this summer’s Games in Madison, Wisconsin.
There are two CrossFit Sanctional™ events happening now, the Granite Games and the Lowlands Throwdown. The Granite Games kicked off on Thursday in Minnesota, and the Lowlands Throwdown got underway on Friday in the Netherlands. After this weekend, with both Sanctionals wrapping up on Sunday, there will be two more teams added to the invite list for the Games.
In total there will be 14 teams receiving invites to the Games. Check out the list of teams who have received invitations below.
(The (C) indicates the team captain, and the (a) represents team alternates. Each team can only have four athletes for competition.)
- Team Invictus: Rasmus Andersen (C),Tommy Vinas, Mitch Wagner (a), Lauren Fisher, Regan Huckaby, and Jenn Ryan (a)
- CrossFit Krypton: Alec Smith (C),Cody Mooney, Adam Klink (a), Jessica Griffith, Camille Leblanc-Bazinet, and Jamie Greene (a)
- Project X: Khan Porter, Brandon Swan, Matthew Reilly (a),Jessica Coughlan (C), Harriet Roberts, Justine Beath (a)
- Vondelgym: Jeremy Reijnders, Sven Verheul, Daniel Colpo (a),Sigrid Koolhaas, Nienke van Overveld (C), and Linda Keesman (a)
- Central Beasts: Zach Sowder, Joey Tortora, Ryan Sowder (a),Nicole Holcomb (C),Emma Chapman, Alison Scudds (a)
- CrossFit Mayhem Freedom: Rich Froning (C),Dre Strohm, Ben Smith (a),Tasia Percevecz, Chyna Cho, Haley Adams (a)
- CrossFit JST Compete: Helena Collins, Jayne Eadie, Steven Fawcett (C),Jak Cornthwaite, Benjamin Massey (a) and Sam Briggs (a)
- X-Terminators—Rob Forte, Zeke Grove, Kate Gordon, Danielle Jenny, James Newbury (a), Maddie Sturt (a)
- PRO1—Joe Scali, David Fontaine, Alexandre Caron (a), Lorraine Allard (C), Manon Lesur, and Chloe Gauvin-David(a)
- OC3 Black—Joe Piersanti (C), Luke Schafer, Colin Cartee (a), Andrea Nisler, Nicole Chovan(a), and Taylor Williamson
As for now, we’ll be on the look out for the other four teams to earn invites to the 2019 Games!
Feature image from @crossfitmayhemfreedom Instagram page.