Maybe this is just me, but every once in a while when I sign into my YouTube channel I have really unexpectedly funny videos pop up in my “recommended videos” section. These videos are slightly different than my normal training focused videos and usually involve some form of strength sport or athlete, but with a slightly different twist like this funny video of Arnold Schwarzenegger working at Gold’s Gym.
Today, I was blessed with a video that was titled “Kids Meet a Body Builder”. Intrigued by the title, I clicked to watch and answer that burning question that I’m sure sits on the back of everyone’s mind: “What the hell do kids think when they meet a bodybuilder?”
So what happens next? An incredibly funny video featuring kids being kids wondering how the heck this guy has so much muscle. This guy of course, is Gabe Moen an NPC Nationally Competitive bodybuilder. Check it out below.
If you don’t have time to sit through the whole video, then I’ve included some of the best, funniest, and hard hitting questions from the segment below.
What’s a Bodybuilder?
- Moen: Do you know what a bodybuilder is?
- Kid: Someone that builds with their body.
Moen’s Workout Habits
- Kid: How much do you workout?
- Moen: The truth is I only train for an hour sometimes two a day, sometimes. I spend all my time in the kitchen eating.
On Moen’s Favorite Food and Bulking
- Kid: What’s your favorite food?
- Moen: Sushi
- Kid: I also like sushi. Is sushi good for bulking?
- Moen: Yeah, sushi is good for bulking.
Best Strength Feat
- Kid: What’s the biggest weight that you’ve lifted?
- Moen: I’ve picked 700 lbs up off the ground.
- Camera Woman: What do you think weighs 700 lbs?
- Kids: *Point straight at Moen*
- Kid: How do you prepare for a competition?
- Moen: I have to eat less food and lift the same amount of weight.
Favorite Part of Bodybuilding (Real Talk)
- Kid: What’s your favorite part of bodybuilding?
- Moen: My favorite part would be the structure and discipline that it has taught me for life in general.
- Kid: So it’s actually helping you with life, too?
- Moen: That’s right.
Hopefully you got the same amount of enjoyment out of this video as I did. Outside of the pure curiosity the kids had for how this guy got so big, they asked some really great questions. It’s always interesting to see what kids think of strength sports and athletes, as these are typically things that are relatively foreign to them.
Feature image screenshot from HiHo YouTube channel.