It seems as though there is no implement too heavy for strongwoman Rhianon Lovelace. The U64KG athlete took to his Instagram page on Feb. 18, 2023, to share a video wherein she hoisted a new Atlas Stone world record in her weight class. The stone weighed 146.8 kilograms (323.6 pounds).
Warm ups flew, I knew we were on for a good day early on!
Lovelace performed the lift at Rhinos Gym in Tamworth, England, at a body weight of 63 kilograms. According to Strength Results, her latest lift shattered the previous world record of 142.2 kilograms (313.5 pounds) scored by Lovelace in the World’s Ultimate Strongman “Feats of Strength” series. Check out the new Atlas Stone record* below:
*Note: this lift was performed in training, not in competition. However, it is heavier than the heaviest recorded Atlas Stone lift in the U64KG weight class, according to Strength Results.
During the lift, it appeared that Lovelace had to regrip the stone before thoroughly lapping it. The pull from her arms from the stone seemed to be a tricky balancing act but was more likely caused by the stickiness of the tacky used on the forearm guards.
Lovelace is in a league all her own in the Atlas Stones, it seems, but here are the strongwomen with the heaviest recorded Atlas Stone lifts in the U64KG weight class, including Lovelace’s new record:
Max Atlas Stone — Strongwoman U64KG
- Rhianon Lovelace — 146.8 kilograms (323.6 pounds)
- Kira Wrixon — 136.1 kilograms (300.1 pounds)
- Holly McRae — 136.1 kilograms (300.1 pounds)
- Sammy Mayhew — 120 kilograms (264.6 pounds)
- Shannon Smith — 115 kilograms (253.5 pounds)
- Kristine Matthews — 113.4 kilograms (250 pounds)
- Kate Connolly — 113.4 kilograms (250 pounds)
- Chloe Brennan — 113.4 kilograms (250 pounds)
- Joelle Pecci — 113.4 kilograms (250 pounds)
- Laura Anderson — 113 kilograms (249.1 pounds)
- Christina Bangma — 113 kilograms (249.1 pounds)
- Kristen Cauchon — 113 kilograms (249.1 pounds)
- Alyssa Anderson — 113 kilograms (249.1 pounds)
A day after sharing her new world record lift, Lovelace posted a recap of her victory at the 2023 OLO Pro Invitational contest with the following results:
2023 OLO Pro Invitational Results — Rhianon Lovelace | U64KG RAW
- Back Squat— 215 kilograms (473 pounds)
- Deadlift — 227 kilograms (503 pounds) — without straps, beltless
- Barbell Strict Press — 90 kilograms (198 pounds)
- Bench Press — 115 kilograms (253 pounds)
- Strict Curl — 55 kilograms (121 pounds)