If you love cross training shoes that are also great wear on a day-to-day basis, then we have great news for you. Under Armour just announced the release of their brand new UA HOVR™ Apex cross training shoe. This cross trainer is designed to tackle workouts in the gym, lighter runs, classes, and support comfort on a daily basis.
Earlier this year, Under Armour released their signature TriBase Reign cross trainer, which was designed for the dedicated functional fitness athlete. The HOVR Apex combines Under Armour’s signature HOVR technology with multiple traits that were used in the TriBase Reign. If I had to make a direct comparison with the HOVR Apex and another cross training model, then the Nike Free X Metcon comes to mind.
The HOVR Apex was released today (July 15th) and is available in both men’s and women’s sizes. This model is retailing at $140.00. Under Armour’s HOVR technology first originated in a few of their running shoes, and has since been integrated into other models like the Apex. The goal behind the HOVR technology is to promote performance by allowing better shock absorption and responsiveness.
UA HOVR Apex Specs and Details
Check out all of the details about the HOVR Apex below, which have been provided from Under Armour in their press release.
- UA HOVR™ technology provides ‘zero gravity feel’ to maintain energy return that helps eliminate impact step after step
- Compression mesh Energy Web contains & molds UA HOVR™ foam to give back the energy you put in
- Lightweight mesh upper with 3D print for unrivaled protection & durability
- Layered support system locks in your heel, unlocking your foot’s forward, backward & side-to-side potential
- Heel construction provides superior support, which unlocks forefoot movement & stabilizing potential
- Webbed lacing system is integrated through TPU straps for the ultimate locked-in fit
- UA Tribase in the outsole maximizes ground contact where your foot needs it the most, allows for superior upwards flexibility to promote natural motion, & downwards flexibility to grip the ground during lifts
- Offset: 8mm
- Weight: 13 oz.
Over the next few weeks we’ll be putting the UA HOVR Apex to the test and building out a full review for this model! If you’re interested in this shoe and want to see our review, then be on the look out for this model.
Feature image courtesy Under Armour.