The 2023 Pan American Championships (PAC) will occur from March 25 through April 2, 2023, in Bariloche, Argentina. The USA will be represented with the maximum-sized team of 20 athletes — 10 male and 10 female weightlifters. The only other two countries with maximum-sized teams are host-country Argentina and Colombia. Check out the entire Team USA roster below:
2023 Pan American Championships Roster — Team USA
- Jourdan Delacruz (Atlanta, GA) — Women’s 49kg
- Hayley Reichardt (Leesport, PA) — Women’s 49kg
- Danielle Gunnin (Monroe, GA) — Women’s 59kg
- Taylor Wilkins (Sebastian, FL) —Women’s 59kg
- Olivia Reeves (Chattanooga, TN) — Women’s 71kg
- Kate Vibert (Atlanta, GA) — Women’s 71kg
- Meredith Alwine (Altamonte Springs, FL) — Women’s 76kg
- Mattie Rogers (Geneva, FL) — Women’s 81kg
- Sarah Robles (Desert Hot Springs, CA) — Women’s +87kg
- Mary Theisen-Lappen (Eau Claire, WI) — Women’s +87kg
- Hampton Morris (Marietta, GA) — Men’s 61kg
- Brian Reisenauer (Fargo, ND) — Men’s 61kg
- Caden Cahoy (Jacksonville, FL) — Men’s 73kg
- Ryan Grimsland (Lewisville, NC) — Men’s 73kg
- Beau Brown (Colby, KS.) — Men’s 89kg
- Nathan Damron (San Jose, CA.) — Men’s 89kg
- Wes Kitts (Knoxville, TN) — Men’s 102kg
- Ryan Sester (Gresham, OR) — Men’s 102kg
- Alejandro Medina (Miami, FL) — Men’s +109kg
- Caine Wilkes (Indian Trail, NC) — Men’s +109kg
Six of seven active Team USA Olympians are part of the roster for the 2023 PAC: Delacruz, Kitts, Robles, Rogers, Vibert, and Wilkes. This is the highest number of American Olympic athletes on a team since the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
[Related: Watch Weightlifter Artyom Antropov (102KG) Squat 322 Kilograms (710 Pounds)]
Team USA Facts
Below are notable facts about the athletes that comprise Team USA, courtesy of USA Weightlifting:
- Six of the athletes on the roster have previously medaled on the world stage: Alwine, Reeves, Reichardt, Robles, Rogers, and Vibert.
- Four Team USA members are defending PAC champions in their respective weight categories: Morris, Reichardt, Robles, and Rogers.
- Three-fourths of the roster has previously medaled at the PAC.
- Those 15 athletes have collectively earned 126 career PAC medals.
- Seventeen members have 56 previous PAC appearances combined.
- Eleven team members are current American record holders.
- For 13 athletes, the 2023 PAC represents their second Olympic qualifier for the 2024 Paris Games.
- The 2023 PAC is the first Olympic qualifier for seven athletes: Alwine, Cahoy, Gunnin, Medina, Reisenauer, Theisen-Lappen, and Wilkes.
- Team USA’s average age is 26.45.
- This is the first time Theisen-Lappen and Robles will compete on the same team. They are the 2021 and 2022 PAC champions, respectively.
- Rogers has medaled at seven straight PACs dating back to 2016.
Note: BarBend is the Official Media Partner of USA Weightlifting. Unless otherwise specified on certain content, the two organizations maintain editorial independence.
More Weightlifting Content
Featured image: @mattierogersoly on Instagram