Your 2022 Arnold Strongman Classic winner is Martins Licis. On March 4-5, 2022, Licis competed with 10 of the other strongest men in the world in Columbus, OH in five events. Ukranian Oleksii Novikov stepped into second place, while Luke Stoltman and Bobby Thompson both powered their way to a third place tie.
Licis, who is the 2019 World’s Strongest Man and the 2021 Rogue Invitational Strongman contest champion put up an extremely consistent performance across all five events, finishing first, second, or third in all but one event. Licis took home the last event, Stone-to-Shoulder for Reps, securing himself the win overall.
The 31-year-old will be heading home with the first-place purse of $80,000. That constitutes 44 percent of the $182,000 total prize pool.
View this post on Instagram
2022 Arnold Strongman Classic Results
- Martins Licis — 41 points
- Oleskii Novikov — 37.5 points
- Luke Stoltman — 30.5 points (tied for third)
- Bobby Thompson — 30.5 points (tied for third)
- Rob Kearney — 28.5 points
- Maxime Boudreault — 27 points
- Trey Mitchell — 21.5 points
- Tom Stoltman — 21.5 points
- Evgeny Markov — 21 points
- JF Caron (withdrew due to injury) — 14 points
Licis’ 2022 Arnold Strongman Classic Performance
Each of the five 2022 Arnold Strongman Classic events had a different winner — Licis took home the final event for the overall victory.
Here’s how he performed in each of the five ASC events:
- Max Barbell Squat — 3rd place, 956 pounds
- 275-Pound Monster Dumbbell Press — 3rd place (tied), three reps
- Austrian Oak Log Press for Max — 4th place, 441 pounds
- Timber Frame Carry — 2nd place, 10.03 seconds
- Stone-to-Shoulder for Reps — 1st place, 200 points
[Related: 2022 Arnold Strongman Classic Day One Results]
Licis’ Strongman Career
Licis’ performance was consistent across the events, never finishing lower than fourth. And with an impressive performace at 10.03 seconds in the Timber Frame Carry, he secured himself second place in the event and first place in the overall competition with one event to go. He proceeded to win the last event outright, securing the overall contest win the first time he brought the stone to his shoulder. He decided to bring the event win home, too, by hefting the 410-pound stone up for a second time.
[Related: 6 Fascinating Facts About the 2022 Arnold Strongman Classic]
The 2019 WSM champion has proven himself a powerhouse of consistency in the past. Less than 24 hours after securing the 2021 Rogue Invitational Strongman competition win, he won the Rogue Record Breaker event for Thor’s Hammer, pulling a 300-pound hammer off the ground to lockout.
Licis is widely expected to participate in the upcoming 2022 World’s Strongest Man contest, to take place from May 24-29, 2022, in Sacramento, CA, though he is not yet confirmed.
Featured Image: @martinslicis / Instagram