We’re less than a month away from the 2017 Reebok CrossFit Invitational, which is set to take place November 5th. This year, the Invitational is being held in Victoria, Melbourne, Australia. The Reebok CrossFit Invitational is often regarded as CrossFit’s all-star game.
Invites are sent to four of the best athletes from four global regions including the United States, Canada, Europe, and Pacific region. This year’s two hour Invitational is set to kick off at 4 P.M. AEST, and will be streamed live. Over the weekend, the final rosters were confirmed for each region, which are shown below.
Coach: Adam Neiffer – CrossFit Fort Vancouver
- Tennil Reed-Beuerlein – 6th place 2017 Games Finisher
- Kari Pearce – 10th place 2017 Games Finisher
- Scott Panchik – 6th place 2017 Games Finisher
- Noah Ohlsen – 4th place 2017 Games Finisher
These four athletes have a combined 15-Games appearances. Of these four athletes, only one has made an appearance at a previous Invitational, and that’s Kari Pearce.
Coach: Camille Leblanc-Bazinet (2014 CrossFit Games Champion)
- Alessandra Pichelli – 11th place 2017 Games Finisher
- Carol-Ann Reason-Thibault – 15th place 2017 Games Finisher
- Brent Fikowski – 2nd place 2017 Games Finisher
- Patrick Vellner – 3rd place 2017 Games Finisher
These four athletes have a combined 14-Games appearances, and have three years of Invitational experience. Yet, Canada has never won a Reebok CrossFit Invitational title.
Coach: Samantha Briggs (2013 CrossFit Games Champion)
- Annie Thorisdottir – 3rd place 2017 Games Finisher
- Sara Sigmundsdottir – 4th place 2017 Games Finisher
- Björgvin Karl Guðmundsson – 6th place 2017 Games Finisher
- Jason Smith – 11th place 2017 Games Finisher
Europe are the reigning 2016 Reebok CrossFit Invitational Champions. These athletes have a combined total of 16-Games appearances, and seven Invitational appearances.
Coach: James Newbury (26th place 2017 Games Finisher)
- Tia Clair-Toomey – 2017 Reebok CrossFit Champion
- Kara Webb – 2nd place 2017 Games Finisher
- Rob Forte – 25th place 2017 Games Finisher
- James Newbury
These athletes have a combined 17-Games appearances, and eight Invitational appearances. Ricky Garard was previously on the team, but recently had his invitation rescinded due to failing a banned substance test. Newbury is now filling in as a player and coach, which makes this team exactly identical to last year.
For those interested in tuning in, and living in the United States, we’ve included the time conversion for the four United States’ time zones below.
- Pacific Standard Time: 10 P.M.
- Mountain Standard Time: 11 P.M.
- Central Standard Time: 12 A.M.
- Eastern Standard Time: 1 A.M.
Feature image from @crossfitgames Instagram page.