Step up platforms are a popular piece of exercise equipment that you’ll see in virtually every big box commercial gym. Often times, they’re used to help fitness enthusiasts perform step-focused workouts to build strong legs and increase their cardio.
In this article, we look at some of the market’s best step up platforms and compare them with one another to establish what makes each unique. Like most pieces of equipment, not every step up platform is created equal, so finding the best pick for your needs will ensure your investment goes the distance.
Tone Fitness Aerobic Step
- Space efficient option for all home gym owners.
- Durable plastic and non-slip surface to prevent early breakdown.
- Adjustable from 4″ – 6″ and could be a “gold standard” step up platform.
- Only two height options, so advanced users might be limited.
The Tone Fitness Aerobic Step Up platform is a great piece of equipment for the adamant home gym user that loves adding step-focused workouts to their daily health regimen.
Best for Versatility
HomGarden Step Up Platform
- Versatile step up option with 4″, 6″, and 8″ options.
- Non-slip surface and durable plastic base construction.
- Decently space efficient for apartment users.
- Versatile, but limited to 8″, which might be too low for some users.
The HomGarden Step Up Platform offers a solid non-slip surface and three customizable heights for all fitness users.
Best for Everyone
The Step Original Aerobic Platform
- Strongly constructed base and risers can support up to 350 lbs.
- Versatile option with multiple height options.
- Non-slip surface is great for a variety of fitness enthusiasts.
- Not the most cost efficient option on the market.
The Step Platform is fantastic for beginner and advanced fitness enthusiasts that love adding a step up element to their daily workouts.
Best for Apartments
The Step Original Aerobic Platform — Circuit Size
- Durable base and riser construction and can support up to 275 lbs.
- Condensed size is great for apartments and smaller living spaces.
- Adjustable height makes this product versatile for multiple fitness levels.
- Smaller size, so it might be limiting for some workouts.
The Step circuit-sized platform is a good option for fitness enthusiasts that love step up workouts and reside in apartment or have limited space.
Step up platforms all have slightly different constructions and this variance between products help us dictate which has the best functionality and quality. The material used to construct platforms is a key detail when establishing the quality of these products. As a general rule of thumb, look for products that have hints of a thicker plastic to avoid early breakdown or warping from continual use.
On top of construction, we also use functionality as a way to dictate product listing and best uses. Functionality entails how a product will be used and how it can be modified. For example, if you’re serious about working out with step up platforms, then you’ll want a platform that adjusts in height and is well constructed. And if you’re someone in need of a smaller platform due to limited space, then this can also be accounted for in functionality.
Step up platforms are a popular piece of equipment for fitness enthusiasts that love to work out at home. They can be useful for achieving cardio-based workouts, but can also play an important role for lower body strengthening workouts.
If you’re on the market for a step up platform, then we suggest scaling your decision on two things. First, how you plat to use the platform for a majority of the time. Second, do you room to store it and will the products dimensions fit your needs?
Step Up Platforms FAQs
Who should use step up platforms?
Step up platforms can be used by a variety of fitness enthusiasts. They can be useful for anyone trying to perform a step focused workout, and for anyone using them to strengthen the legs unilaterally.
What's the best step up platform?
The best step up platform will be dictated by your needs and wants. Base your decision on which platform will benefit your workout needs best and space availability in your home.