Brent Fikowksi is one of the most consistent and accomplished CrossFit Games athletes in recent memory. He’s competed at the Games in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, and he finished in second place overall in 2017. Perhaps even more impressive is that Brent made his first two Games appearances while working a full-time job as an accountant, meaning he was only training for CrossFit part-time. (He’s since made the switch to being a full-time athlete.)
Brent joins us to dive deep on his training plan and volume, along with recovery techniques and competition tips from one of the sport’s most analytical minds. We also find out where Brent Fikowski got the nickname “The Professor”!
In this video, BarBend’s David Thomas Tao talks to Brent Fikowksi about:
- How did he get the nickname “The Professor”?
- Brent’s training volume and schedule
- Has Brent’s training volume changed over the last few years?
- Deload weeks and periods
- Height and bodyweight
- Strength numbers: snatch, clean & jerk, deadlift, back squat
- Does being a taller athlete put you at a disadvantage?
- Brent’s biggest strengths in competition
- The biggest mistakes CrossFitters make in training
- Recovery techniques and priorities
- The Professor Project