CrossFit HQ has announced a list of athletes who have received invitations to the 2019 CrossFit Games. The new list includes athletes who competed in the Granite Games, the Lowlands Throwdown, along with an official list of women who have qualified for the Games by way of the Top 20 in the Open or through CrossFit Sanctionals™.
At The CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown, Ryan Sowder, Alice Mille, and Team Barbells Prepared, all were crowned champions, and have all earned official invites to the Games.
At The Granite Games, Travis Mayer, Emily Rolfe, and Team CrossFit Krypton were the champions, however invites were sent out to the next athlete in the men’s and team division since Mayer and Team CrossFit Krypton had previously qualified. Nick Bloch was rewarded with an invite to the Games, and so was Team Invictus X.
Now that the dust has settled from the Open and the naming of Nationals Champion, CrossFit HQ is sending out official invites to the athletes.
The list below highlights the women athletes that have been extended invites due to their placing on the Open leaderboard and Sanctionals events. From the Top 20 in the Open for the women, invitations have been sent out to Thuri Erla Helgadottir and Cheryl Nasso. For Sanctionals, 14 women have been provided official invites — check out the list below.
- Bethany Shadburne: Dubai CrossFit Championship
- Taylor Streid: Wodapalooza CrossFit Festival
- Madeline Sturt: Australian CrossFit Championship
- Mia Åkerlund: CrossFit Fittest in Cape Town
- Jessica Griiffith (if declined, Emma Tall): CrossFit Strength in Depth
- Meg Reardon: Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge
- Erin Vandendriessche: CrossFit Italian Showdown
- Oddrun Eik Gylfadóttir: Asia CrossFit Championship
- Hanna Karlsson: Reykjavík CrossFit Championship
- Paige Semenza: Brazil CrossFit Championship
- Alethea Boon (if declined, Lindsay Vaughan): Down Under CrossFit Championship
- Rachel Garibay: The Rogue Invitational
- Alice Mille: The CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown
- Emily Rolfe: The Granite Games
The CrossFit Games are just a couple months away and will kick off on August 1st through August 4th in Madison, Wisconsin.
Feature image from @cfmille Instagram page.