Shirtless Chef and CrossFit Union Square coach Andre Crews makes a few simple swaps to give chicken alfredo more protein and flavor than we’ve ever seen before. Don’t fear the fat.
Shirtless Healthier Chicken Alfredo Recipe
1. Fill medium sized sauce pan halfway with water and add a few shakes of salt. Place on burner on high heat
2. Season both sides of chicken thighs with salt and pepper
3. Place large skillet on burner on high heat for 1 minute. Add butter and move around to ensure it coats entire surface of pan when melted. Gently place chicken into skillet and lower to medium heat. Keep on one side for 7 minutes then flip.
4. Water should be boiling by now. Add pasta to water for 7 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Remove chicken from skillet and place on cutting board. Keep heat on medium.
6. Pour pasta into colander to drain of water.
7. Add cottage cheese to skillet and move to low heat. Season with salt pepper and Italian seasoning. Stir meticulously until texture is smooth and creamy.
8. Add cheddar and pasta to skillet. Turn off burner and stir until sauce and pasta become integrated.
9. Chop chicken into pieces (whatever size you prefer) and add to skillet. Stir and serve to plate.
10. Add oregano and Parmesan to taste. Enjoy!