What a performance by the USA’s Victoria Long on the second day of competition at the 2023 Arnold Strongwoman Classic (ASWC). Many thought they were justified in writing Long off after a lackluster Day One performance, but a clean sweep on Day Two — winning all three events and scoring a world record in the Elephant Bar Deadlift — led to the crown adorning Long’s head.
Check out the overall results followed by Long’s individual event results below:
2023 Arnold Strongwoman Classic Results
- Victoria Long — 40.5 points
- Rebecca Roberts — 38 points
- Andrea Thompson — 36 points
- Olga Liashchuk — 34 points
- Inez Carrasquillo — 31.5 points
- Donna Moore — 21.5 points
- Samantha Belliveau — 20 points
- Melissa Peacock — 20 points
- Hannah Linzay — 19 points
- Tamara Walcott — 13.5 points
2023 Arnold Strongwoman Classic Results — Victoria Long
Here is how Long fared in each of the five events across the two days of competition in Columbus, OH:
- Event One — Wheel of Pain | Seventh Place, 14.33 meters (47.o1 feet)
- Event Two — The American Oak | Fourth Place, Two Reps (w/122 kilograms)
- Event Three — Elephant Bar Deadlift | 295 kilograms (651 pounds) — New World Record
- Event Four — Steintossen Stone Throw | First Place, 3.31 meters (10.86 feet)
- Event Five — Timber Frame Carry | First Place, 6.36 seconds
After a subpar event one finish with a seventh-place rank in the Wheel of Pain, Long did not look back. She closed out the first day with a fourth-place finish but then dominated on Day Two.
In the Steintossen Stone Throw, Long was the lone strongwoman to exceed the 10-foot milestone. In fact, no other strongwoman tossed over nine feet. Long was closer to 11 feet when all was said and done.
To close out the weekend, Long knew she needed to beat Liashchuk by at least two ranks, and she did so and then some. A tremendous run that was one of only two heats below seven seconds.
Featured image: @onestongb on Instagram