We talked about how crazy May was going to be with five CrossFit Sanctionals™ taking place, and now we finally get to watch the action officially kick off.
On Friday, the Brazil CrossFit Championship gets underway along with the Down Under Championship. Both events run from May 17th until May 19th. The Brazil CrossFit Championship will take place at the Ibirapuera Gymnasium in São Paulo, Brazil, and the Down Under Championship is being held at the WIN Entertainment Centre in Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia.
Both events present the opportunity for one individual male, female, and one team to qualify for the 2019 CrossFit Games.
View this post on Instagram
International friends headed Down Under! The Competition heats will be on fire and we can’t wait !! Who will be the Down Under Champions? Who will earn invites to the Games? #twentydaystillweknow#crossfit#downundercrossfitchampionship #ducrossfitchamp @crossfitgames Competition Community Commitment @reebokau @rogueaustralia @regupolaustralia @sagehotelwollongong @win_entertainment_centre @undefine.media
How to Watch the Brazil CrossFit Championship
- Where to watch: www.tvsports.com.br
- Follow along: @brazilcrossfitchamp
- Additional information: The Brazil CrossFit Championship will also be streamed on games.crossfit.com.
How to Watch the Down Under CrossFit Championship
- Where to watch: Undefine Media will be produce free live stream coverage of the event.
- Follow along: @downundercrossfitchampionship
- Additional information: There will also be an archive and free replays on Undefine Media’s website.
View this post on Instagram
Our hosts @edwardlmorrison and @cobihead let us know what to expect at the 2019 DUC this weekend! – 🎥: @leviappleton.studios @crossfitlarrikins – @crossfitgames @win_entertainment_centre #downundercrossfitchampionship #destinationwollongong #reebokaustralia #ducrossfitchamp #crossfitgames #roadtomadison #crossfitsanctionals #1daytogo
If we’ve learned anything from all the past events, leaderboard movements, and big wins in this year’s Sanctionals — the 2019 Games are shaking out to be quite entertaining.
Over the past couple of weeks there have been several updates to the 2019 CrossFit leaderboard. The 236 National Champions were officially announced and a list of the top 20 men and women from the 2019 CrossFit Open have been confirmed.
Final Sanctional Dates and Guide
There is a lot to keep an eye on with the six remaining CrossFit Sanctionals™ all happening in May and concluding in June, so we’ve created a CrossFit Sanctionals™ guide with streaming information, how to follow along, and more. Check out the schedule below.
- The Brazil CrossFit Championship — May 17th-19th
- The Down Under CrossFit Championship — May 17th-19th
- The Rogue Invitational — May 18th-19th
- The CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown — May 31st — June 2nd
- The Granite Games Championship — May 30th — June 2nd
- French Throwdown — June 28— June 30
Between the Brazil CrossFit Championship, and the Down Under CrossFit Championship both happening simultaneously, it’s going to be an exciting weekend for the sport of CrossFit.
Feature image from @downundercrossfitchampionship Instagram page.