The three-week-long 2022 CrossFit Open kicks off with Workout 22.1 on Feb. 24, 2022. Athletes worldwide will compete with the goal of finishing in the top 10 percent of athletes globally. Those who are successful earn invitations to the 2022 CrossFit Quarterfinals — the virtual contest serving as the second stepping stone for athletes looking to compete at one of the 10 live, in-person Semifinals events.
In a February 2022 edition of CrossFit Games’ newsletter, The Hopper, the equipment list for the 2022 Quarterfinals was released. Below are all items needed for those who qualify and choose to compete in the 2022 Quarterfinals:
2022 CrossFit Quarterfinals Equipment List — Individuals
- All equipment required for the 2022 CrossFit Open, which includes:
- 30 feet of flat space
- 15-foot climbing rope
- 20-pound medicine ball/14-pound medicine ball
- GHD machine
- Squat rack
Notably missing from the equipment list are sandbags, weight sleds, and rowing machines.
View this post on Instagram
[Related: CrossFitter Brooke Wells, With a (Mostly) Healed Elbow, Trains With the Buttery Bros]
2022 CrossFit Quarterfinals Schedule
Below are the dates for the 2022 CrossFit Quarterfinals for each division:
- Individuals — March 24-27, 2022
- Teams — April 7-10, 2022
- Age Groups — April 21-24, 2022
The top 10 percent of athletes and teams worldwide in their respective divisions at the conclusion of the 2022 CrossFit Open will earn invites to the Quarterfinals. From there, athletes can qualify for one of the 10 Semifinals.
2022 CrossFit Semifinals Schedule
Below are the dates for the 10 Semifinals scheduled for the 2022 CrossFit season:
Week One — May 20-22, 2022
- Torian Pro — Oceania | Pat Rafter Arena, Brisbane, Australia
- CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown — Europe
- Syndicate Crown — North America | Knoxville Civic Coliseum, Knoxville, TN
Week Two — May 26-29, 2022
- Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge — North America | Knoxville Civic Coliseum, Knoxville, TN
- CrossFit Fittest in Capetown — Africa | Coetzenburg Sport Centre, Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch
The following Age Groups will compete this week: 14-15, 16-17, 35-39, 40-44, and 45-49.
Week Three — June 2-5, 2022
- Far East Throwdown — Asia | Busan, South Korea
- Granite Games — North America | Minneapolis, MN
The Adaptive division Semifinals is scheduled for this week as well as the following Age Groups: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, and 65+.
Week Four — June 10-12, 2022
- CrossFit Copa Sur — South America | Shopping Vitória, Enseada Do Suá, Vitória
- Strength In Depth — Europe | ExCeL London, London, England
- Atlas Games — North America | Complexe Sportif Claude Robillard, Montreal, Québec, Canada
At the conclusion of the Quarterfinals, the top 120 individual athletes and top 80 teams from North America, top 60 individual athletes and top 40 teams from Europe, top 30 individual athletes and top 20 teams from Oceania, and top 30 individual athletes and top 20 teams from South America, Africa, and Asia will qualify for a Semifinal competition on their respective continent.
Featured image: @crossfitgames on Instagram