In the February 2022 edition of CrossFit‘s newsletter The Hopper, released on Feb. 3, 2022, CrossFit HQ announced that all 10 Semifinal events in the 2022 CrossFit Season will each contain the same two events programmed each for the Individual and Teams divisions. CrossFit HQ has also provided specific parameters for the remaining workouts that Semifinals event organizers will program.
According to the newsletter:
The change is designed to create a more level and comparable test for all athletes hoping to qualify for the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games.
Additionally, the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games will run an additional day. The Games are now scheduled for Aug. 3-7, 2022, in Madison, WI, with athletes returning to compete in the Coliseum at the Alliant Energy Center. More details about which days each division will compete during the Games will be released after the 2022 CrossFit Open.
View this post on Instagram
[Related: Craig Richey (89KG) Wins 2022 British Senior Weightlifting Championships With 291-Kilogram Total
2022 CrossFit Semifinals
The 2022 CrossFit Semifinals take place worldwide over four weeks. The current schedule is as follows:
Week One — May 20-22
- Torian Pro — Oceania | Pat Rafter Arena, Brisbane, Australia
- CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown — Europe
- Syndicate Crown — North America | Knoxville Civic Coliseum, Knoxville, TN
Week Two — May 26-29
- Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge — North America | Knoxville Civic Coliseum, Knoxville, TN
- CrossFit Fittest in Capetown — Africa | Coetzenburg Sport Centre, Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch
The following Age Groups will compete this week: 14-15, 16-17, 35-39, 40-44, and 45-49.
Week Three — June 2-5
- Far East Throwdown — Asia | Busan, South Korea
- Granite Games — North America | Minneapolis, MN
The Adaptive division Semifinals is scheduled for this week and the following Age Groups: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, and 65+.
Week Four — June 10-12
- CrossFit Copa Sur — South America | Shopping Vitória, Enseada Do Suá, Vitória
- Strength In Depth — Europe | ExCeL London, London, England
- Atlas Games — North America | Complexe Sportif Claude Robillard, Montreal, Québec, Canada
On to the 2022 CrossFit Open
The anticipation for the 2022 CrossFit Open continues to heighten as more and more changes are made before the release of the first Open workout on Feb. 24, 2022.
The reigning five-time Fittest Woman on Earth® Tia-Clair Toomey will attempt to win back-to-back Opens, one of her fiercest competitors from the 2021 season, two-time Fittest Woman on Earth® Annie Thorisdottir, moved into the Teams division for 2022, and Eric Roza is stepping down as CrossFit CEO to become the Board Chairman.
Two new elements never before seen in the Open are always slated to make their debut in 2022, according to former CrossFit General Manager of Sport Dave Castro, who was fired from his position on Jan. 4, 2022. Justin Bergh, his replacement, says little about the 2022 Open will change.
While a lot is going on in the CrossFit space, the Open is fast approaching, and only the top 10 percent of athletes worldwide will advance to the Quarterfinals.
Featured image: @crossfitgames on Instagram