Today we’re talking to Joe Vennare, co-founder of Fitt and the mind behind Fitt Insider, one of the fitness industries leading platforms for the business of fitness. Joe’s also a former gym owner and passionate writer in the space.
Joe lives at a unique intersection of fitness business and practice. That means everything from breaking news on digital health & fitness, connecting investors with startups in the space, and highlighting what his team things are the next big things to impact how wellness-conscious consumers live our lives. In today’s episode, we talk about the future of working out at home, how COVID-19 will have lasting impacts on the fitness landscape, and the next billion — or even trillion — dollar opportunities in health.
Watch our interview on YouTube:
On this episode of The BarBend Podcast, host David Thomas Tao talks to Joe Vennare about:
- Joe’s company — Fitt — and the Fitt Insider vertical covering the business of fitness (2:24)
- Why the “business of fitness” is such a hot topic for content, and what Joe tries to bring to the community (7:35)
- How fitness tech is carrying over to the strength community (10:20)
- The companies who are innovating in strength tech (12:00)
- The gym authenticity that connected fitness might never crack (14:10)
- Fitness super-users and the great question of willpower (17:00)
- The most surprising business moments in fitness, and the sheer size of opportunity in the space (18:50)
- Big opportunities for wellness innovation (21:48)
- How COVID-19 will impact brick & mortar gyms (23:40)
Relevant links and further reading: