Today I’m chatting with strongman Rob Kearney, who joins the BarBend Podcast for a second time. (Rob is also a BarBend contributor.) Rob has been through a lot in the past two years, including a triceps rupture on an American Log Press record attempt, as well as a testicular cancer diagnosis. Rob joins the podcast to talk about his injury, illness, and road to recovery, including returning to the competition floor at the 2021 Rogue Invitational.
In this episode of the BarBend Podcast, host David Thomas Tao talks to Rob Kearney about:
- How do you re-attach a professional strongman’s triceps? And why does it take 4-times the effort compared to a regular tricep (03:00)
- Rob’s cancer diagnosis while recovering from his triceps injury (07:20)
- Recovering from yet another surgery (14:00)
- How Rob is getting back to making training fun as a strongman (16:00)
- Coming back to compete at the 2021 Rogue Invitational (17:40)
Relevant links and further reading: