Stefi Cohen is one of the owners of Hybrid Performance Method. She holds a Doctorate in Physical Therapy, a CSCS, and has broken a total of 11 all-time powerlifting world records throughout her career. Additionally, Stefi is currently ranked #2 in the world for holding the all-time highest Wilks score with a remarkable 698.11, and continues to push the boundaries of what’s physically possible for the human body.
In today’s episode, I sit down with Stefi to chat on her upbringing in the sport of powerlifting and her mindset — but more importantly, how she has helped Hybrid Performance Method scale, along with tips for other business owners to do so. It can be scary to scale a business at times, however, Stefi explains if you equip yourself with the right tools and mindset, then it’s manageable if it’s a goal you possess.
If you’re trying to grow your business — whether it be in the fitness industry or not — then we hope you love this chat!
In this episode of The BarBend Podcast, guest Stefi Cohen and guest host Jake Boly discuss:
- Stefi’s origin story and how she got into powerlifting. (1:50)
- When and where did the idea for Hybrid Performance Method start? (8:10)
- When Hybrid Performance Method started truly rolling out their product. (10:30)
- Stefi’s mindset behind scaling a business and how she navigated her “ah-ha” moment. (11:15)
- Best tips for trainers/coaches/business owners for growing their business and deciding when to scale. (15:00)
- How Hybrid Performance Method integrated apparel into their already establish business and then scaled it. (19:00)
- Deciding between what you want versus what the data/customers say/want. (22:50)
- The future and where social media might be heading and where folks should be adapting. (25:45)
- What has been Stefi’s biggest lesson learned from the last five years in business, training, and life. (27:45)
Relevant links and Stefi’s/Ghost Strong’s pages: