Today we’re talking to strongman competitor Anthony Fuhrman. He’s the two-time World’s Strongest Man at 105 kilograms and was a competitor on NBC’s Titan Games. Anthony is also an active duty service member, and our discussion today focuses in part on how he balances his training with a full time job in the US Army. Anthony is also a BarBend contributor and one of the most personable people in strength. If you’ve ever been interested in strongman, the military, or anything in between, this is one episode you won’t want to miss.
We want to take a second to give a special shoutout to our episode sponsor, Transparent Labs. If you want clean, clearly labeled supplements with ingredients backed by science, Transparent Labs has you covered. (Seriously, no hidden ingredients, no proprietary blends, and nothing artificial.) That includes their uber-popular BULK pre-workout, with ingredients we love to see for focus and energy PLUS vitamin D3, boron, and zinc. All the good stuff, absolutely no fillers. Use code “BARBEND” at checkout for an extra 10% off your order.
On this episode of The BarBend Podcast, host David Thomas Tao talks to Anthony Fuhrman about:
- Overcoming a recent injury and surgery (1:45)
- The challenges of the block press (and why it’s different than a standard overhead press) (4:50)
- Anthony’s military career (8:34)
- Anthony’s unique role in the Army’s Warrior Fitness Team (13:00)
- Falling in love with the sport of strongman (15:50)
- Becoming the World’s Strongest Man at 105 kilograms (18:40)
- Balancing training with a full time military career (24:50)
Learn more about our sponsor Transparent Labs and get 10% off your order with code “BARBEND.” (We may receive commissions on items purchased through links on this page.)
Like many Transparent Labs products, it's an extraordinarily well dosed pre workout supplement for endurance, power, and focus. Use code BARBEND10 to save 10%.
Relevant links and further reading: