Wodapalooza — a four-day CrossFit® competition — will return on Jan. 13-16, 2022, in Miami, FL. The contest will feature many of the premier CrossFit athletes in the world vying for a massive prize purse of $500,000 (the specific payout breakdown has yet to be released). During his interview with Sevan Matossian on The Sevan Podcast, Loud & Live Sports President Matt O’Keefe said the 2022 Wodapalooza competition will have a free livestream for the first time.
To compete at the 2022 Wodapalooza, Individual and Team athletes must first qualify through the 2022 Wodapalooza Online Challenge & Qualifier (WZAOC). The first half of the WZAOC focuses on Individual athletes, with five workouts released Oct. 4-5, 2021. Athletes will have 10 days to submit their scores, due no later than Oct. 15, 2021*, at 11:59 EST. Teams, comprised of either three men or three women, will perform seven workouts, with the first released on Nov. 1, 2021. Teams must submit scores by 11:59 p.m. EST on Nov. 10, 2021.**
View this post on Instagram
[Related: Adam Klink and Taylor Williamson Win Rogue Fitness’ Bandit Challenge]
*The Wodapalooza site lists the Individual WZAOC submissions due by Oct. 13, 2021, at 11:59 p.m., but their schedule lists the due date as Oct. 15, 2021. BarBend has reached out to Wodapalooza to clarify the potential discrepancy.
**The Wodapalooza site lists the Team WZAOC completing on Nov. 9 and Nov. 10. BarBend has reached out to Wodapalooza to clarify the potential discrepancy.
2022 Wodapalooza Online Challenge & Qualifier Schedule
Prospective WZAOC athletes can register to compete via the WZAOC registration page.
- Oct. 4-5, 2021 — WZAOC Individual workouts released (five total)
- Oct. 15, 2021 — WZAOC Individual submissions due by 11:59 p.m. EST*
- Nov. 1, 2021 — First WZAOC Team workout released (first of seven)
- Nov. 10, 2021 — WZAOC Team submissions due by 11:59 p.m. EST**
- Jan. 13, 2022 — 2022 Wodapalooza Day One
- Jan. 14, 2022 — 2022 Wodapalooza Day Two
- Jan. 15, 2022 — 2022 Wodapalooza Day Three
- Jan. 16, 2022 — 2022 Wodapalooza Day Four
A select group of Elite division athletes will receive an invitation to compete at the 2022 Wodapalooza competition and bypass the WZAOC. Those athletes are any who meet the following criteria based on previous CrossFit Sanctional and CrossFit Games performances:
2022 Wodapalooza Qualified Athlete Criteria
- All Individual Elite Athletes from the 2021 CrossFit Games
- Any Individual athlete who finished on the podium (top three) at the CrossFit Games in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020
- The top 30 Individual Men and top 30 Individual Women worldwide from the 2021 CrossFit Games Quarterfinals
- The Individual podium finishers from the 2020 Wodapalooza, the 2021 Dubai CrossFit Championship (DCC), and the 2021 Granite Games
- Individual winners of a Wodapalooza, DCC, or Granite Games from the last five years
- Individual winners of any of the 2021 CrossFit Games Semifinals:
Four-time reigning Fittest Women on Earth® Tia-Clair Toomey-Orr and 2021 CrossFit Games runner-up Patrick Vellner won the 2020 Wodapolooza. The 2021 Wodapalooza contest was canceled due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Welcome To Miami
Open registration for the 2022 Wodapalooza will be available for Individual athletes in the Scaled, Beginner, Adaptive Standing (Scaled), and Adaptive Seated (Scaled) divisions and Team athletes in the Scaled and Beginner divisions. Those who wish to use this avenue of registration are required to participate in the WZAOC.
Come Jan. 13, 2022; we’ll see which of the fittest athletes on the planet make their way to Biscayne Bay for a share of the $500,000 prize pool.
Featured image: @wodapalooza on Instagram