This weekend, the America’s Strongest Man competition took place in St. Louis, Missouri, and a familiar name emerged victorious in the heavyweight division:
Shaw won every event on his way to a resounding victory, scoring 30 out of a possible 30 points throughout the five events.
In the Car Deadlift for Reps, he was the only competitor to complete any repetitions, finishing with two. It was a runaway victory for the reigning and 4-time World’s Strongest Man.
The final standings for the men’s heavyweight division are below:
1. Brian Shaw (30 points)
2. Casey Garrison (18.5 points)
3. Dimitar Savatinov (16.5 poitns)
4. Wesley Claborn (13 points)
5. Alan Colley (5 points)
6. Jacob Bodi (5 points)
Savatinov was the reigning America’s Strongest Man coming into the competition.
In the men’s middleweight division, Sean Demarinis won by 1.5 points over Andrew Clayton. The final standings for that division are as follows:
1. Sean Demarinis (29 points)
2. Andrew Clayton (27.5 points)
3. Adam Lane (24.5 points)
4. Zach Hadge (22.5 points)
5. Nicholas Cambi (20 points)
6. James Deffinbaugh (19.5 points)
7. Tyler Stickle (17 points)
8. Johnn Wasiczko (16 points)
Featured image: @shawstrength on Instagram